Even before Hyrule Warriors comes to the US, it will be receiving an update in Japan, where it is known as Zelda Musou.
In an earlier post, we mentioned about a certain tweet from Hyrule Warrior’s Twitter profile about their staff going to work during the holidays to do some improvements and preparing for the updates. Looks like the result of those long workdays are the following updates to the game:
- A New Challenge Mode (New scenarios: Farion Woords, The Great Battles; clear all the enemies in the shortest time possible)
- NES-style Sword and Shield (from the first Zelda game!)
- New Background Music Options
- Of course, the bug fixes
Even if Hyrule Warriors missed its launch week sales target, the game developers are busy to continually improve the game. And these improvements will likely already be in the game when it comes to North America this September 26. Europe gets it on the 19th and Australia on the 20th.
Will you be getting this game?
Idea Factory knows that their games have a cult following outside Japan. Because of that, I am not surprised anymore when they announced the release of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 in the west.
Here are some of the important points in the company’s press release:
- A player can have up to 4 characters on the battlefield, and 4 more characters as supporters that can jump into the battle if their partner on the field is weakened.
- New playable characters!
- Stella’s Dungeon! A real-time minigame that lets you send Stella out into Gamindustri’s dungeons for exploration.
- Active Animation System
- Remake System! Collect “Plans” from all over Gamindustri,
- Receive Blank Discs to craft your own Game Discs! You can create unique equippable items by burning Idea Chips (abilities) onto Blank Discs!
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation will be coming to North America and Europe in early 2015 on the PlayStation Vita.
Do you play the Neptunia games?
Clannad, the tear jerker anime and visual novel, will be released on Steam. This year.
Sekai Project confirmed this on Japan Expo USA. The game will have Japanese Audio with English subtitles.
Clannad, as a franchise, is celebrating its 10th year anniversary this year with a re-release of the PSP game on the PS Vita.
This is Hako Vision. A box. With Hatsune Miku inside.
No really, you can assemble it so that it can render Miku in 3D, with the help of your smartphone. See this video for details!
You can purchase the Hatsune Miku Hako Vision by September 12.
Yokai Watch 2 is just beyond my imagination. For the 7th week, it is number 1 in Japan with no signs of slowing down. Not even new releases like the Last of Us, the Senran Kagura X Call of Duty-esqued Bullet Girls, and the western Diablo III can topple it.
Hyrule Warriors sees modest sales though I expect it to still be in Top 10 by next week. Senran Kagura is now near the bottom of the charts, where long-time software charters, like Mario Kart 7, Pokemon X and Y, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf are currently standing. No surprises with Mario Kart 8.
Let’s go back to Yokai Watch. We don’t really know a lot about it, given the information in English is really scarce. But we know it’s BIG, and nothing can stop it at the moment. The next big Nintendo game that can potentially put it out of the top are Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire and Super Smash Bros for 3DS / Wii U. I wonder what the chart will look like in October.
- [3DS] Yokai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke (Level-5, 07/10/14) – 77,465 (2,289,983)
- [PS4] The Last of Us Remastered (SCE, 08/21/14) – 30,587 (New)
- [PSV] Bullet Girls (D3 Publisher, 08/21/14) – 29,690 (New)
- [PS4] Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition (Square Enix, 08/21/14) – 17,832 (New)
- [PS3] Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition (Square Enix, 08/21/14) – 15,816 (New)
- [Wii U] Hyrule Warriors (Koei Tecmo, 08/14/14) – 15,142 (84,232)
- [3DS] Yoshi’s New Island (Nintendo, 07/24/14) – 12,931 (157,092)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 12,075 (639,710)
- [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 (Bandai Namco, 08/07/14) – 10,831 (119,689)
- [PS3] Ultra Street Fighter IV (Capcom, 08/07/14) – 7,928 (61,859)
- [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 7,246 (145,967)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 7,189 (1,252,231)
- [PSV] Monster Hunter Frontier G Beginners Package (Capcom, 08/13/14) – 5,183 (26,352)
- [PSV] Chaos;Head Dual (5pb., 08/21/14) – 4,662 (New)
- [3DS] Pokemon X / Y (Pokemon, 10/12/13) – 4,255 (4,132,144)
- [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V Low Price Version (06/26/14) – 3,938 (49,220)
- [3DS] Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (Marvelous, 08/07/14) – 3,829 (59,948)
- [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01/11) – 3,376 (2,371,488)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 3,367 (3,778,065)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom, 09/14/13) – 3,321 (3,330,825)
What do you think of the Japanese charts this week?
Look at the screens in the video. You normally don’t see that kind of graphics on the Nintendo 3DS! Yes, the Resident Evil game on the system is quite beautiful, but it was too dark and not a feast to our eyes.
The game will be released this September 4 on the 3DS in Japan. If you buy a 3DS LL during that month, you can download Dragon Quest X for free!!
The Tokyo Game Show is just around the corner. While we’ve heard a lot from Sony, another big company who is supposed to bring big games at Chiba is Square Enix.
Although there’s still no big confirmation if Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV will be playable, Bravely Second will definitely be.
Here’s the latest trailer of the game.
It is expected that Bravely Second will also be released in the west.